Shatterlocks Nursery & Infant School aims to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. We offer pupils the opportunity to compete in sports and other activities, in order to help build character and reinforce values such as fairness and respect.
PE lessons are taught with the following aims in mind:
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum
- Promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- Encourage physical activity and exercise
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Build self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- Provide all pupils with access to the lesson
- Develop pupils’ academic, social and physical ability
- Encourage good behaviour and respect amongst pupils
- Promote team work and cooperation amongst pupils
Every Friday we have Coach Perry visit us to deliever some extra sports coaching. He works with a different two year groups per term and also coaches an after school club.
Team Theme provides the children with a range of different sporting experiences that are not always available to them in school. They challenge children to move out of their comfort zones and support children with developing social and team work skills.